Saturday 11 June 2011

In the meantime

While we wait for IVF we are giving clomid a chance.  As I use OPK's I believe I have ovulated every month although late in my cycle which then gives me a short luteal phase.  I was O on CD18/19 so with my cycle being 26/28 days it made my luteal phase only 8 - 10 days long.  As your luteal phase should be a minimum of 10 days I am seeing this as being a problem and hoping that the clomid may help rectify it.


(Courtesy of Google images)

I was prescribed 50mg of clomid to be taken day CD3-7 for the next six months.  I have taken the first batch and I have had some side effects but nothing major.  Headaches have been the worst and I have noticed them as I don't normally suffer with headaches.  I had what I believed was ovulation pain for four or five days. The pain stopped the day after I got my positive OPK.

Ovulation was Thursday so I am just two days into my two week wait.  How do I get through the next two weeks?  I wish I had a good answer to that!  I just have to carry on as normal and try not to dwell on things too much.  Luckily this next week is quite busy.  Besides working full time, Monday I am having my haircut then going to my endo meeting, Tuesday dh and I have a date (we are going to see Pirates of the Caribbean), Wednesday I am going to see Take That in concert and then Thursday I will be halfway through these two weeks!

On the weight loss front I am 8lb's down. I am not doing brilliantly at this!  But I am going with my sister to the gym tomorrow.  I worry that if I may be in with a chance of a bfp this month I don't want to do anything strenuous that will hurt that in any way.  So I will be taking it easy but at least I will be up and active and getting my butt moving again.  Here goes nothing lets get that scale moving downwards again.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on those 8 pounds! It's not easy to lose weight when going through all of this! So good for you friend!

    ReplyDelete