Tuesday 12 April 2011

IVF appointment on Monday

That's Monday coming just six days away.  It took us so long, and a hard fight, to get on the list and now we finally have our initial appointment.  We get to find out what could possibly happen and when.  I am excited, nervous and terrified all at once.  I have googled and read information about IVF but there is so much out there and it is all so confusing.  There are so many different options IUI, ICSI, IVF and then the medications so many choices.  I wish I knew what was best for us and which medications I will be given hopefully Monday will bring at least a little clarity for us.

The one big thing that I do know is that I need to lose weight to be considered a healthy weight for the treatment to go ahead.  I need to lose at least seventy pounds and I am hoping to maybe even lose a hundred!  I went to the shop on the way home and stocked up on fruits and veggies.  I bought pomegranate seeds to try but they were disgusting.  I have also bought raspberries, strawberries, tangerines, kiwi, passion fruit, blueberries, grapes, apples and bananas.  I have yogurt (I hate yogurt but thought I would give it another go) for breakfast and I am going to add some fruit rather than having cereals.  That means less milk in my diet which the endo diet says is good.  Apparently dairy causes inflammation.



I am such a fussy eater and I know I will struggle to find a variety of foods to keep me going and not get bored.  I have made a batch of veggie soup which I will take to work tomorrow which cuts out bread.  Anyone who has suggestions for me I will really appreciate them.  I will just say though that I hate salad! I can cope with a little lettuce and cucumber but that's it.  I will eat most meats and I like potato, rice and pasta. 

I also have to work out some sort of exercise routine that will fit into my day but that won't drain me of the little energy I have.  There are only so many spoons to last any one day.  I have been making them last the past few weeks although some nights I can't wait to get in to bed.  I will have to work out some way of stretching them a little further.  If you are wondering why on earth I am going on about spoon's then read this The spoon theory . For some reason the actual website it is from isn't working so I will post that for you as well.  It is www.butyoudontlooksick.com .  Hopefully it will be back up and working soon.


So here goes the start of my weight loss to get to a healthy weight to get this IVF cycle off to a great start.  I have plenty of time thank goodness as they say from referral to start of treatment is approximately eighteen months.  Our referral date is December 3rd 2010 which means we are looking at May 2012.  You all have permission to nag me and keep on at me to get this weight off.  I need as much help and support in this as I can get.  Here's to working out what exercise I can fit in and actually achieve without causing too much pain.  Wish me luck.

2 comments:

  1. Best of luck...what an awesome outlook and plan you seem to have. I have the same weight loss goal, but haven't been able to stick with a diet or exercise program through our IF journey. I really am hoping that I am not jeopardizing the health of me or my baby-to-be because of my laziness. I'll keep reading and watching your success.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I don't lose the weight they won't let me go ahead with treatment. That is just how it is here.

    ReplyDelete