Wednesday 21 December 2011

Weigh In Wednesday

Did you know that it is almost Christmas? 

There are so many lovely foods, chocolates and biscuits.  So many of my favourite things but I must resist.  I still want to watch those scales to continually decrease in number.  I have been giving in to temptation and indulging but in small quantities.  Obviously every single point is being accounted for.  For that reason the scales were once again kind to me and I lost another 1.5lb.


So now I have 29lb left to lose.  In 29 weeks (maximum) I will be at my initial goal.  How exciting that I feel like my goal is so achievable.  From that point I will be able to determine where I am and if I want to continue to lose.  I am not going to worry about anything past these next 29lb's.  For now I need small goals to keep me motivated and encouraged.

My ww leader commented on how "in the zone" I am.  She was spot on, as I am!  I really don't want to gain over Christmas and I will do my best to not let that happen.  Although I am realistic and if it does happen then it really is not the end of the world.  There are so many more things out there that are down right awful and gaining a small amount of weight at Christmas doesn't even come close.

Why is it that around this time of the year there always seems to be so much tragedy and heartbreak to go along with all the good stuff?  A friend of ours died on Monday, he took his own life.  It was a complete shock.  I don't think anyone expected it there had been no signs that he was thinking that way.  Plus one of my endo sisters tried to take her own life and is currently in hospital in a coma.  She needs surgery to relieve fluid from her brain.  It is devastating to me that the pain and hurt this disease causes pushed another woman to feel her life was no longer worth living. 

For any endo sister reading this, I am always here.  If you need to reach out to anyone and feel like you don't have anyone.  Well you do!  I am here and so are so many other endo sisters on all the facebook groups.  I think that one of the ladies is setting up a group with mobile numbers so that there is someone that be be contacted.  I think this is a great idea and hopefully it might just be the lifeline that someone needs one day.

Light a candle at 7pm Thursday 22nd for our endo sister and if you pray then maybe add her in.

1 comment:

  1. That is tragic. I often wonder what causes a person to want to take their life and leave behind so many to pick up the pieces.

    Congrats on the weight loss. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete