Saturday 31 December 2011

Final post of 2011

This year has gone by so quickly. I remember the struggle in 2010 to get my referral letter to the appropriate people to get me on the list for IVF. Finally on December 4th I was added. Then it seemed to take forever to get to the initial appointment with the clinic which we had in April. This was when I was told it was a 12 - 18 month wait. So just a few days in to 2012 and it will have already been 13 months!

I didn't know how I was going to get through this wait. It was such a long time. I also had my endometriosis surgery to focus on and get through. That was way back on February 15th! Almost 11 months ago.

I guess since I recovered from that I just decided to enjoy my life and what will be will be.

I joined ww at the end of June and I have lost 40lb's. Another 28lb to go but I am so much closer to that goal now. Add the fact I lost weight over Christmas week and I feel like I have achieved so so much.

In 2011 I also turned in to a bit of a telly addict. I watched Greys Anatomy from the beginning as I had never seen it before. Plus I have rewatched ER which is up to season 12 and I am on season six of One Tree Hill ( never watched this before either).

Any suggestions for other shows? I have just added The Wire into my planner as they are starting it from episode 1 on Jan 6th. Other shows I watch are Private Practise, Big Love, Blue Bloods, NCIS, Terra Nova, Falling Skies plus X Factor and American Idol. There are others I am forgetting (including Hawaii 5-0).

See what I mean!

It helps pass the time to keep busy and when I don't feel up to doing anything that involves moving too much thanks to endometriosis pain then watching tv is a great alternative.

So here's to 2012 may this be the year that those of us who want it so badly get our miracle. It has to be someones turn next fingers crossed I am in that elite list this year!

I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you all

3 comments:

  1. I hope that 2012 brings you much joy and happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have accomplished so much this past year and I am hoping that 2012 brings all you hope for! So glad to have "met" you over this past year! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your weight loss so far! That's an amazing amount you've done so far and I am confident you can keep it up.

    As for TV shows my hubby and I watch, we like Fringe, Broke Girls, New Girl, Sanctuary, Castle, Grimm, Once upon a time and Lost Girl. (OMG, when listed like that, it's a lot of shows. haha)

    ReplyDelete